Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Season 1 Episode 11 ('The Corbomite Maneuver')

I was trying to figure out why my mouse wasn't working properly in XFCE but was working properly in KDE for the first ten or fifteen minutes of this episode, so my eyes weren't on the screen so much, but it seemed like much ado about nothing, at first. They found a box with multicolored sides floating in space. First it came right for 'em, then it followed 'em around, and then they blew it up.

Also, there was a young guy who seemed to suck at his job, working next to Sulu. Bones thought that he sucked at his job so much that Shatner should not let him work, but Shatner had faith in him because he was young and impetuous. Guess how that worked out?

Anyway, it turns out that the weird multicolored box was sort of a 'space buoy' for another civilization, and by blowing it up, the Enterprise demonstrated that they deserve to die. They get ten minutes to make their peace with their gods. At this point, I 'called it' and I ended up right, which was not as satisfying as it would sound, as I just finished a book that I 'called' the same thing in, halfway through, and slogging through the book for the payoff was miserable, so it sort of reminded me of that and got me all out of sorts, when I was proven correct.

Random stuff (non-stats): More of Kirk bitching about having a female yeoman, more Irish vodka, more Natural Light because I have to work tomorrow, but - delightfully - NOT more 'all things that are not us and are powerful must be destroyed,' which was nice. For once.

No comments:

Post a Comment